Saturday, October 20, 2007

I'll have a double shot latte, please

That's what I was able to tell the very edgy cool sullen girl behind the counter at the coffeehouse this morning after skipping into the place with only ONE baby on me. The one that still sleeps a lot. I'm sure she was only sullen because she pulled the morning shift on a Saturday, but dude, if you work for tips? A smile and mentioning how cute the baby I'm wearing is works much better than trying to make me feel dumb for not having memorized your stupid proprietary names for coffee sizes a la St*rbucks. I couldn't care less about your attitude - I was out (almost) by myself on a Saturday to meet with friends. Yippee!

Six of us from the mom's group met and mapped out a schedule of activities that covers four days of the week, both free and small fee things, as well as monthly potluck schedules and a 4th Friday of each month mom's night out - sans kids - schedule. Homestead Mama and I will have to get sitters so we can both go to the mom's nights out- if anything, she needs the camaraderie of other mothers more than I do. She is parenting from a vacuum for the most part, hanging out at work with men all day who just don't have much to add to the 'how/ when do I night-wean the baby?' discussion.

No comments: