Saturday, October 27, 2007

All bets are off

Monito isn't sleeping, so I'm not sleeping. Hopefully it is a short-lived vaccination response and not his new m.o. We were up from 2:30 - 6 am last night. He doesn't seem the worse for wear, but I'm wasted.

I'll sign off before the cursing starts to seep through.

3 comments:

MSL said...

My son was feverish and cranky for two days after his 4 month shots so my vote is with the shots. Good luck. I hope you are able to get a nap in yourself today.

- Michele

Homestead Mom said...

Thanks for the glimmer of hope, Michele. Hey - do you plan to split up the vaccinations in the future because of it, or do you think you'll continue on the Doc's standard schedule? I'm considering (HARD) only doing two shots per visit to try to limit the effect on Monito, and me too.

I just woke up from a 2 hour nap. I feel human again, and able to see the beauty and wonder in the children instead of just bundles of need. What a difference!

MSL said...

I've been pondering this as well. I'm leaning towards staying on the recommended schedule as far as the approximate times but taking advantage of any occasions when I might need to bring him back to space them slightly.

For instance, the first flu shot (which I am going to have him get when he reaches the minimum age of 6 months) has to be done in two doses one month apart so I was thinking of asking the ped to divide the vaccinations in two batches as well. If the ped wants me to come back for follow-up visits in the future (as was the case with Pequita's lead test) I would ask them to hold some of the shots for the follow-up as well.

- Michele

PS: I sent you my e-mail using the website where we first met.