Friday, October 19, 2007

Even though it was 75 and muggy today...

Winter is coming. How about a non-baby photo?

I have a meeting tomorrow - Saturday! - morning at 9 am at a local coffee house. A subset of the Mom's Group are is meeting to map out an actual schedule of regular events so the long New York winters don't consume our souls. We can't count on running into each other in the parks any more. I love this town - this group of women is increasingly interesting and fun to be around, as we all get to know each other. I'll be almost stag - I'll leave Homestead Mama and Pequita at home and just tote the boy, who'll sit agog and grinning or sleep through it. I intend to splurge and get a big double-shot latte and maybe a scone. I told H-mama that I won't be long, but I'm already having fantasies of getting a New York Times and staying a little longer than is necessary, enjoying the Pequita-less peace.

I'll be very pleased to have a schedule of events with other humans. I'll be trying to fill up my family's winter dance card, as we ALL do better when we aren't stuck in the living room all day. I'm finding that I need to work a little harder then I expected to figure out how to be a happy SAHM - there is a marked difference between working 50+ hours per week in my old office and filling that time myself.

LINK:
Check out the census info for your zip code here. Interesting to see how you measure up to the Jones's.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great link! Very interesting. I could have used that last year for my "advanced social work practice with communities" class, instead of foraging the us census data myself.