Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Ditto

I almost laughed myself off the road* when I read Academomia's latest post. Voice operated automated answering systems are the bane of my existence for the same reason. Sheesh.


I once happened across a website with a spreadsheet of number codes to push to immediately get an operator for all the big companies one might call for customer service. If I can find it again, I'll post it. The best advice was to try hitting zero first; if that doesn't work, hit the wrong set of keys 3 times and they think you are so stupid that you need a live body and come on faster.

*Well, I *started* reading it at a stop light. I only drove a little ways before putting down the Crackberry and finished it at the next red light. Yeah, yeah, I know, unsafe. Kids weren't in the car, though, in my defense.

1 comment:

Becca said...

Sorry about the near car accident, but I'm glad you liked it! Thanks for the link love!