Sunday, July 20, 2008

Tower of Power

I happened upon a Learning Tower at the consignment store last week. I waffled at spending $80 on it, but it has been so worth it already. Miss Pequita LOOOOOOOVES it. She clambers up, clambers down, I can push it up to the kitchen island and she can help me cook, play alongside me, or torment her brother in his high chair. She likes to eat standing up in it, and regularly gets down to go fetch herself a bowl or spoon if she needs it.
She learned how to shuck corn using her tower over the weekend, and actually did a fair job getting the ears clean.
While I stand at the island making pies and fruit bread with all our summer abundance, she likes to mash her home made play dough into itself and move it from one container to another clearly mimicing my actions. It is an amazing structure, if you have the room in your kitchen. At the end of the day, it is super for playing forts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful impowering tower for my granddaughter to have! It is great for my grandson too. It is so nice that she can help in the kitchen next to Mom. It was a great find and she looks so happy. Sure beats falling off a stool or chair like I had to use.