Thursday, May 24, 2007

Sleepless

Here it is, 3 am, and I've been up for two hours. Since it is a little late to take Benedryl to go back to sleep and still manage to function tomorrow morning for work, I've decided to start learning how to use my new video editing software.

The insomnia thing is something I am used to after a lifetime of difficulty staying asleep. I can little afford it now, though, since I am so fatigued most of the time even with 8 hours. My loss = your benefit, though.

Pequita has been expressing a strong urge to eat & drink what we are consuming. We missed the signals for a while, then ignored them, then started letting her participate to see how she'd do. The results are so entertaining we have decided to officially begin non-breastmilk consumption every now and again. We gave her some rice cereal my sister left here on her last trip a few days ago, to much excitement. Her favorite thing to do is drink anything out of the large goldfish pint glasses that we use for watered-down juice. Voila!




I'm not sure why Youtube is hit or miss for me. Clearly, hormonal mush-for-brains isn't helping. The video is here, too, in case there is an empty hole above this text.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZLHfW7K7Ms

2 comments:

Alison Williams said...

Brilliant. She was READY to eat! Looks like you avoided all that refusal nonsense.

Homestead Mom said...

Totally. It will be messy no matter what, but the whole 'pushing food back out with her tongue' part seems to have been bypassed. She is SO excited. I might have to start giving her milk/formula to her in the goldfish glass since she so prefers it. Also it is now clear that the time has come to pack away all the expensive antique dishes we enjoy eating off of and buy some crappy unbreakable plates from Target.