Sunday, September 9, 2007

Wonder Shmonder

Our babies are, it seems, perfectly spaced to both be in Wonder Weeks at the same time. Fiddle dee dee. (We're trying to clean up our language since Pequita is clearly acquiring language now. I get well into the fffffffffff- exclamation and can only save the situation by sounding like Scarlet O'Hara.) I was up two or three times an hour with Monito from 2am on - he was fussy and unable to settle. He and I tried nursing, not nursing, burping, pacifier, watching the mobile, being touched, leaving him alone, walking, and lots of me muttering creative curse words under my breath. I believe I heard Homestead Mama chuckling in there a couple times as her charge was the "easy baby" for once, but she denies it. Did I remember to try bouncing him on the yoga ball, the remedy that always worked for Pequita? No. Nuts. Pequita was up several times as well with bad dreams - she wakes up screaming bloody murder or crying loudly, but is easily settled by nursing. I am a night person. We went to bed at midnight after watching a new TV show, and I was awake and reading until 1:30 am. (The show was Torchwood on BBC America - a spin off from the remade Dr. Who series. It was pretty good - H-Mama loves all things sci-fi, and I usually sit next to her working on my computer. This show I mostly followed.)
So once we finally gave in to unsettled babies and got out of bed this morning, H-mama took both babies and told me to Google Wonder Weeks to check. I'd have looked it up in the book but I apparently I lent that to someone. Lo and behold, they are both gearing up for a doozy of a stage shift. Yay. We will suffer through the stage regardless of what a book says, but somehow having it identified gives me the illusion of a semblance of control over it, which for me is helpful in reducing the muttering and cursing.
After a 10 minute workout in the Bu.mbo seat, and a 10 minute rest in the bouncy seat, all the while watching H-mama make us a yummy brekkie, he achieved sleep.
See my delicious coffee, fried eggs and mole' with tortillas that was brought to me my computer? Someone loves me, clearly.

No comments: