Friday, September 28, 2007

Delurking, anyone?

I'm going to participate in the 2007 Great Mofo Delurking extravaganza. What I mean is, I hope you participate in it too. I am definitely not commenting as much as usual on the blogs I read - no excuses are quite good enough since the folks I love to read are still posting.

I love getting comments here - I still am amazed people are reading it, since I have little time to write actual thoughts down and seem to only be able to muster kamikaze mommy updates. I know, the photos of the cutest babies in the world keep you coming back, but I still hope to do better. One thing I need to do a LOT better on is replying to comments in the comment stream. Seems a lot of the folks who leave a message don't leave an email - this is fine, but I could reply right in the comments so you know I got it.

So get ready. Next Wednesday, October 3, is the Great Mofo Delurk, and I hope to hear from a bunch of the people who know all about the intimate ins and outs of my life. (How many blogs include pictures of a naked lady in labor, huh?) I know you are out there - I check my sitemeter and see that I have readers from all over the world. Just today readers from the following places checked out the blog: Salt Lake City, Hartford, Brooklyn, Las Vegas, Texas, San Francisco; Iowa, Pennsylvania, Oklahoma, and all over Massachusetts, as well as Israel, the UK, South Africa.

For my part, I'll try to post more and better. We'll see how I do. If I suck at it, let me know next Wednesday!

The Great Mofo Delurk 2007

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm a lurk!!!

"kamikaze mommy updates," heh... You know, even though parenting is NOT something I am in the least interested in at this point in my life, I still thoroughly enjoy your blog. Give your mind a little more credit. You're very entertaining. Matter of fact your blog is interesting enough that I'd be reading it even if you weren't a relation.

Not to mention that the kids ARE absolutely ADORABLE. :)

Elan Morgan said...

Thanks for joining in! I think the internet needs a bit of a shakeup.

Anonymous said...

I will be out of town for the great Mofo delurk so I'll reply now. My name is Michele and I know you from IVFC. I read regularly and in fact need to thank you for posting the picture of your son in the neglectosaucer. When I saw that I got mine out for my son who is two weeks older than yours and he loves it.

- Michele

PS: Is that the Circus exerciser? I haven't quite been able to tell from the picture.

Homestead Mom said...

Hey, Jillian. Thanks! Yes, I am glad every day that I made it well into my 30s before having a kid. More sanity, patience, and money. All useful in the process. Not to mention finally a stellar choice in a partner. (I've had a few duds in my time.)

Good to hear you're still around my neck of the woods, Michele. It was a hand me down saucer, but now that you mention it, it is covered in animals. The doorway jumper is also becoming a big hit with him, but he hasn't quite figured out how to make it jump himself.