Friday, April 27, 2007

This Kid Was Made For Walking

My sister is coming to visit next week for a few days with her son, Pequita's only cousin. I can't wait! I was off from work anyway, since the daycare provider has to go out of town for a couple days, so I get company of my fabulous sister, and another chance to hang out with my little nephew, who is just over a year old.

When they drive through, they are bringing with them some gifties from my parents. A couple of wood baby gates that we'll mount at the top & bottom of the stairs in preparation for Pequita achieving mobility. I have looked everywhere around us and can't find gates as nice as my parents have. Since the stairs in our 150 year old house are steep & narrow, I imagine we'll have the gates up for a few years and they might as well be attractive. They are also sending along a Kelty Elite child's backpack for carrying Pequita in, in royal blue, which is a great color. I introduced my dad to Freecycle.com several months ago, and he's been a convert ever since, giving and getting free stuff with a great deal of joy. He acquired this kid carrier from another set of grandparents whose grandkkids don't need it - they had found it in the local dump. The carrier is in perfect shape, and has a backpack attached for carrying gear, as well as a rain hood. Since Pequita's chubby...errr...sturdy little thighs are now squeezing a bit in the Bjorn carrier, Homestead Mama is thrilled to have another mode of transport for her. With a rain hood, no less. Yippee!

Hottie Friend is on her way over to fetch the baby, and they will spend the next few hours in her new house playing and hopefully dozing off. This will allow Homestead Mama and I to go get a glass of wine in our downtown area, then go see the new movie by the makers of "Shaun of the Dead". We really loved that movie, and even with the stupid title "Hot Fuzz", we are hoping that this next movie by the same duo will be as funny. I must express how pleased I am with the whole concept of babysitters. It is lovely to miss someone every now and again - even the baby. Makes the heart grow fonder, and all that jazz.

No comments: