Sunday, February 11, 2007

Crafting

I have been making things for my phantom kids for a few years now. It is a lot of fun to be able to finally use them on a non-phantom baby.

Pequita has just started loving the linen/cotton green reversible mei tei sling wrap I made this past summer from a great free online pattern. I'll make some alterations to better suit us on the next one, but I love the features on this. Since she doesn't want to be put down, we are lucky she's willing to be toted around strapped to us. The flap behind her head lifts up to support her when she falls asleep and becomes floppy. In this carrier, I can wear her comfortably off to the side, leaving room for my belly.

She has liked the red velour sling I whipped up as well, pictured below at 2 months. At her ripe old age of 4.5 months, now Pequita refuses to lie or sit in the "kangaroo" position, cross-legged. She stands.


This is a sweater I knit while on vacation in August of '06. It is a Debbie Bliss pattern, and is a nice thick cotton.


One other I have a picture of is the orange flecked sweater below. I'll add yarn type and pattern details soon for those of you who might be interested, but that will take too much coordination for this late on a Sunday.





No comments: