Thursday, April 9, 2009

I was stealing a couple minutes out of a busy day to read a blog or two and opened greenkitchen.com to find the video below. I scooped up the kids to sit on my lap - they were entranced and sat with their mouths open and their eyes dancing, much like I must have looked. We watched the whole thing, and towards the end had this conversation:

Pequita: Mimi, mya! [Mommy, me!]
Me: Yes, honey, I'd like to do it too. It looks like a lot of fun, doesn't it.
Pequita: No, NOW. NOW!

I watched with tears in my eyes at the magic. Then the kids requested MORE, so we watched it another two times, then we played it loudly and moved the desk chair out of the way and danced in the office.

I have so much love in my life, so much busyness, so much wanting, so much stress, so much beauty, so much richness. I think I may have to find the joy again, though. If this video makes me cry, I may have lost it a bit. Looks like we'll start by getting the Sound of Music on DVD.

2 comments:

Becca said...

THANK YOU for posting this! That was SO COOL!!! It made me tear up too. It's the song. I must have watched that movie three times a month as a child. It's magical. WOW! I think I will go get Charlie out of bed so we can dance now!

Grandma said...

Oh you just made my day, my wonderful daughter! Dad and I sat and watched this crying tears down our faces. What fun. What joy! I wish I could have joined you and the kids dancing in the office. How do you do it? Once again I feel so proud of you and the joy you bring into your children's lives. We are so lucky to have you in our life. Happy Easter to you all.