Friday, June 8, 2007

As of this morning's OB appointment: now I'm a whole 2 cm dilated, 60% effaced and softened.  That's a crap assessment.  I mean, I'm sure it is true, but it means that all the pain and discomfort I've been in is annoyingly unproductive.  I asked the doc to do whatever she could to get things going, so I think she did her best with short little fingers to strip the membranes.  We'll have another go next week with the other OB who is 6' tall with longer fingers.  TMI?  Tough.  Apparently, I've arrived at the 'irritable' phase of the 3rd trimester.  According to the OB I still have 3 or 4 stages to get through, including miserable, depressed, and resigned.  Probably a good thing that the car is off the road - I cannot suffer fools right now. 
 
Pequita is home with me today, since she's fighting a virus and is running a low - to middling temperature.  We're going to dose up with fever reducer and go sit on the newly mown lawn under a sun tent.  She'll hopefully amuse herself watching birds and eating grass and I'll pull weeds from our flowerbed.  Lots of bending, pulling and sweating.  I'll show them 2 cm, damn it.
 
For those of you following along, I've added toothbrushes & paste to the hospital bag, and packed the yoga ball, yoga bolster, camera equipment, and something to dress Monito in for the ride home.  We're cooking now!

No comments: