Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Groundhog Alternative

Who needs Groundhog day when I have snowfall for the last few days to let me know that spring is pretty far away? Even my hyacinth is taking pity on me and sending out a whole new shoot to keep us entertained and my kitchen smelling good. See it peeking through?


The birds are also flocking to the feeders. We have greedy blue jays, hungry cardinals, huge crows, and many squirrel scavenging at our kitchen window. I highly recommend getting feeders if your kids are at the right age. They love love love to fill the feeders and then watch the birds eat. We will be making craft projects with pipe cleaners and cheerios to hang out there for the squirrels as well. I think they'll like to see something they actually created helping feed their creatures.

No comments: