Friday, May 23, 2008

Small Karmic World

Our marvelous carpenter Dave has a son he has been speaking very highly of for months; this son is looking for work over summer break.  Painting, yard work, that kind of thing.  DING DING DING - we have a winner!  Andrew came over today to meet me and see the kinds of things we need done.  With Dave's glowing recommendation I hired him on the spot and he is - right now- outside hacking down the massive and ever-growing thorn bush in the yard, the one which is so vicious and strong that it tears through denim if you mow too close to it; you should see the bloody mess it leaves when a toddler gets entangled.  Then he's coming inside to put the first coat of paint on the pantry shelves his dad built us so we can have them loaded up and pretty for when my mom arrives on Monday.

I have visions of a painted garage, of front flower gardens returned to their former glory with new tiered low stone walls.  I have fantasies of our step back cabinets stripped and repainted, then installed by Dave.  Sigh.  I am in heaven.  I am poor, paying two people to beautify my home, but in heaven.  The bright side is that we could still be paying $600 - $1000 per month for inseminations and fertility treatments.  Joyfully, we have succeeded in having two kids and can sink their college money into the house for another couple of years.

2 comments:

Becca said...

Ooh, I'm jealous! Send him my way next! We need someone to rip out a bush by our porch that serves as a giant bee hive during the morning hours. Not good when you have a clumsy toddler running around and I'm afraid to touch it!

Anonymous said...

Don't try to make things too perfect- I will love just to be with you and enjoy the children. I know the time will fly by as it always does when having fun. You are truly blessed to have such a wonderful family of such cute kids.
Hope and pray that your sister is as lucky as she tries to have a sibling for her family and is still burdened with the costs of fertility. It must really be draining for them.