Monday, April 14, 2008

A Year Ago

My blog friend and frequent commenter Becca is pregnant with her second kid, and is reveling in the connection the two kids have even though one is still in utero. I totally get it. Here is a picture of Pequita at seven months old resting on my eight month along belly. Please note the large lopsided lump on the left side of my belly - that would be Monito trying to play with his sister from the other side. It was really wild to have him respond to her in that way, and it happened increasingly as he grew inside me.

Now, he follows her around like a puppy getting all in her business and wanting whatever she has. She pretends to hate it, but whenever she sits down somewhere she pats the seat next to her and says, "Bubba!". When she is put in her car seat before him, she points to his seat and yells, "Bubba! Bubba!" until he is placed in his seat too. She looks out for him all the time, saving some of her food for him and reserving one nipple always for him. She'll steal some milk from it, but smiles because it has been designated as Bubba's and she's getting extra. This is one of the best parts of having them so close.

1 comment:

Becca said...

That picture is so sweet!! Can you believe that was only a year ago? I love M and P's bond and I can't wait to see what my own two are like together.

I had quite the lopsided tummy too, except in my case the hard bump was on the right side right at my rib cage from Charlie's head. I still have the familiar twinge in my back to go with it. Totally worth it though!