Friday, March 23, 2007

Birds, update

We have found good homes for the two hardest birds to place, Magpie the goffin cockatoo, and Kyri the Umbrella cockatoo. The house is SO much quieter! Homestead Mama is still interviewing people to adopt Baron, the African Grey. He'll be gone by next week. We'll keep Peaches, the bald goffin cockatoo, since she is very tame and pretty ugly since she plucks out all her feathers. She and Pequita are developing quite the mutual admiration society. Hopefully they'll be good buddies and no one will sustain injuries.

We're off tonight for a weekend in the Adirondacks to let H-Mama's dad see the baby again. We sleep in their 30' camper which is parked in the driveway when we visit, so it is like having a very compact B&B room to ourselves, which is far, far preferable to sacking out on the leather couches in the living room, especially with the baby. I never realized how important it is to have a guest room! We had two in our house, but one turned into a nursery. When we do the last stage of renovations (currently scheduled for summer of 2009) we'll be creating a family room / guest room, so we'll be back up to 2 places for guests to sleep.

I have many new pictures, belly shots and other things, but haven't had time to post them. Hopefully this weekend, if I can get internet access. If not, early next week. Pequita is changing and growing so much! (As am I, I suppose.) I haven't had time to return phone calls, letters, emails. I'm sorry! If you're waiting to hear back from me, I'm working on it & thinking of you.

No comments: