Saturday, February 27, 2010

My days are filled with the regular kamikaze, full-on, balls-to-the-wall, trial by fire, never-a-dull-moment stuff that dreams are made of. We are playing in the snow, baking up a storm, Playmobil-ing with a vengeance, and watching movies that I remember loving as a young child. (Disney's The Sword in the Stone right now; it is good for the bairn to know about Merlin and be able to pronounce Archimedes, even if they think he is an owl.)

However, Homestead Mama is away at work from dawn until about 10 minutes before the children's bedtime on the days we are lucky; 2 out of 5 days for the past few weeks she's missed them entirely. We've been stuck at home for the past two days as we got almost 2 feet of snow and the roads were sketchy. After yelling at my son this morning then bursting into tears, I figured out that I may need a teensy little recharge.

I left the kids with their Mama and went to the library with a decaf latte in my hand. I am sitting now eating Tom Yum soup and reading books alone in a quiet restaurant. After this, I shall go to the bookstore and sit reading glossy knitting and decor books until I am purged of all thoughts of drudgery and the routinization of my life. I'm not sure if I'll go back for bedtime - poor Monito is a tad Mommy-focused these days (=past 32 months) and he cries so when I'm not there.

I'll bring home some Panang curry for my wife, though. Its the least I can do.

Hopefully tomorrow will be brighter. Monday I go to get my thyroid levels checked, and join the nearby gym. Bugger this winter blues crap!

1 comment:

Becca said...

Good for you for taking a break! This winter has been hard on everyone I know up there. I hope you feel refreshed!