Wednesday, December 30, 2009

2009 year in review

I have a lovely photo mosaic to post soon, but in a nutshell?  2009 is the year of the beloved wife, the children that I love and who challenge me beyond my wildest imagination, and the year of the miscarriage.  I slipped another one in there while I was busy not blogging; nothing says Christmas like diminished embryonic growth.

I really am blessed beyond my wildest imaginations.  We'll see what happens next.  I'm 40, not as adventurous as I used to be and feeling a little beaten down.  The wife is out of town for a week tending to her newly widowed father, the children, somehow sensing my mood/ needs went to sleep by 8:30 (for the first time in months) and the new year is ringing in all askew.  However, I am an eternal optimist - go figure - and it can only go up from here.